Hello, my name is Edem! I am an author of 2 books, a writer of many travel blogs and articles, an educator to thousands of professionals who want to stay globally relevant and a traveller to over 45 countries and territories so far on my adventure hungry Ghanaian passport.
I host Vamejo Travel Podcast to help shape the narrative of Africa. I also share travel tips on global travels and I am on a mission to support the African travel and tourism industry with tools and resources to stay relevant.
Vamejo, means, “come let’s go” in Ewe, a language spoken in the Volta Region of Ghana, parts of Togo and Benin, all in West Africa.
I founded Vamejo to help shape the positive narrative of Africa; its people, culture, destination.
So whether you are an individual, group, or a travel and tourism -related brand, Vamejo has something for you.
If you are a tourism and travel brand, I will love to work with.
I have worked with individuals and groups, for a national tourist board and various travel brands.
I curate great and engaging digital content, take great photos and design engaging websites too. I worked in advertising and managed campaigns, events and the growth of major global and fortune 500 brands.
I studied at the number 1 university for Travel and Tourism in the UK, so hiring me on projects, will mean hiring an ambitious, relevant and experienced entrepreneurial mind who will work hard with you to get consistent results.
If you are an organisation and our values align, I am happy to represent and engage your audience on different platforms.
I have spoken to thousands of different audiences in China, across Africa and Europe.
I live in Ghana and Iceland, so travelling between continents is not a problem at all.
If I cannot do it, you bet I know someone who can. I can also team up with other great travel influencers who have an organic and growing social media audience of over 200,000 followers across platforms and thousands more offline.
Together, we can help you get your message across in an authentic and impactful way.
Just know we carefully handpick the brands we love and introduce them to our audience.
Below are some examples of possible ways we can collaborate, but I am always open to new ways of collaborating with you:
- Guest Article/Blog Writing
- Travel brand and Destination feature and storytelling
- Sponsored Content & Affiliate links
- Destination and or Travel Product Review
- Destination, Hotels, Restaurants and Product Review
- Airline and App review
- Tours, Retreats and events promotion and review
Here are some of the content I have written for the Business & Financial Times newspaper in Ghana:
Here are some fun facts about me:
- I have worked in multiple countries and lived in 3.
- I split my time between Ghana and Iceland
- I wrote a weekly column for the Business and Financial Times in Ghana with over 45,000 weekly readers
- I have been to all the countries and cities listed on this website, some; multiple times
- Travelled solo to 12 African countries for the first time in 2017 from Eastern to Southern Africa in a month only carrying one carry-on luggage
- In 2017, I visited 17 countries.
- I have gone on an epic road trip from Accra to Senegal in 2010
- In 24 hours, I had breakfast in Amsterdam, Lunch in Paris and dinner in Lisbon
- Travelled solo by road from Namibia to Botswana, Zimbabwe to Zambia, Mozambique to Swaziland and South Africa
- Travelled to 5 destinations in 48 hours (Lithuania, Poland, Berlin, Amsterdam and Iceland)
- Privately given countless travel advice and planned trips for many individuals and groups to several destinations
- Travelled solo to parts of South East Asia and spent 2 months travelling from North to South of China.
- I studied tourism for my undergraduate, did my national service at a national tourist board and studied eTourism at the number 1 school for Tourism studies in the UK, the University of Surrey for my postgraduate
- Let’s just say travelling and learning on the road is my PhD. So you are in very capable hands!
- I have friends all over the world. Just name the country!
- Oh! Apart from travelling, I am a multiple awarding winning global training consultant and graduate coach, an author of 2 books and I run training sessions at my Academy or manage my consulting business
If you are interested in working with me, please send your personal travel, business or travel and tourism-related collaboration enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Work with me